Wednesday, January 30, 2008

back up, back up


[Speeding Backwards, taken Summer 2005, Mississinewa Reservoir Campground]

As it turns out...
Another part of being strong is being willing to admit when you may have overreacted.

As my roommate Emily pointed out the other day, I tend to have a problem with focusing in too closely on a situation. It's hard for me to take a step back and see the big picture. As a result, I tend to convince myself that I only have one option, or that things will never change. In the past few days, I managed to view things in a broader perspective. When I did that, I found the innocence in the misunderstanding and the sincerity in the apology.

I still have some thinking to do. I make no promises, I make no guarantees. I am an uncertain person. However, I am certain about what is important to me. There are things that need to be addressed, and then we'll see what happens from there.


We're not always as right as we'd like to think we are.


So back up, back up
Take another chance...
-Colbie Caillat

No comments: