Wednesday, June 4, 2008

rainy days and mondays

After one of the chilliest springs I can remember, Indiana has finally decided to heat up a little bit. By that, I mean it's suddenly in the upper 80s after being in the low 60s for the majority of May. This sudden increase in temperature has been accompanied by some major thunderstorms and weird clouds. Since I now carry my camera in my purse with me everywhere I go, I documented the somewhat turbulent sky in the past few days as I've driven home in the afternoons.






It's raining a bit right now, and there's definitely some thunder, but the worst went to the north of us. Actually, the worst of the storms almost always seem to split around my town. I think it has something to do with the river. I can't complain though, I'd rather not deal with any tornadoes, thankyouverymuch. I love thunderstorms, but the love does not extend to funnel clouds and flying cows and projectile barn fragments.

On a completely unrelated note, I did a dingbat thing on Monday. I could have sworn I had to work every day this week except Thursday, so I arrived at work on Monday... to learn that I was wrong. I wasn't scheduled to work at all on Monday! Genius. I'm a genius. My boss didn't care, so I stuck around almost all day to take care of some things, then bailed at 2 because I was tired. I felt like an idiot, but at least I'll get paid for some extra hours. From now on, I'm double-checking the calendar before I go to bed at night. I don't work tomorrow, so I'm going to get the oil changed in my car and take care of some stuff around the house. I'm looking forward to Friday... Mom is picking me up right from work and we're speeding down to Cincinnati (3.5 hours) to see Cavashawn. This is a big show for them and they really want a lot of people to be there, so I refused to miss it. Time will be tight but we'll make it. The main problem is that I also have to work Saturday at 7:30am. Thankfully, Mom is a trooper and agreed to drive home while I try to squeeze in some sleep. Crazy? For a normal person, yes. For me? Just another day...


Currently listening to: Ludo- "Such As It Ends"

No comments: