Wednesday, March 26, 2008

perez hilton = good for something, part two

Well, it looks like We The Living ended up with about 18,000 plays on their page yesterday thanks to the promotion from Perez. In addition, Best Laid Plans is currently #91 on the iTunes rock chart. Hooray!

Also, something interesting happened to me as a result of all this. Back in the fall, I choreographed a ballet dance to Best Laid Plans for my dance company. I put the video up on YouTube in November, and the number of views plodded along steadily. I happened to glance at it about two days ago, and I believe it said something in the 1,500 views range.

Today? 2,816.

What?! Apparently, people who liked the song decided to "YouTube" it, and the first thing that comes up when you search for it is the video of my dance. I'm assuming most of those 1,316 people watched a few seconds of it and then went away, but still... that is crazy. It's also been "favorited" 52 times, so apparently someone likes it.

Anyway, I just thought that was really fascinating, and worth documenting. Ripple effect for sure. If you've never seen the dance, here it is!

No comments: